Hong Kong & Tokyo
This exceptional package is for travelers to the Far East who wish to immerse themselves in these two neighbouring lands of adventure, exoticism and breath-taking beauty amidst constant development and progressive modernity.
The first stage of your journey takes you to Hong Kong, where you will feel strangely at home, such is the British influence on its culture and identity. English is one of Hong Kong's official languages, which aids navigation around it's many must-sees. This certainly reflects the country's unique evolution as a bridge between Eastern and Western cultures.
One of these attractions is the Star Ferry, not just a cost-effective way of traveling between Kowloon and Hong Kong Island, but also a cultural treasure, having been in operation since 1898. Despite being home to the world's greatest number of skyscrapers, Hong Kong retains many iconic historical buildings such as St John's Cathedral, the oldest Anglican church in the Far East. You will also find plenty of references to Hong Kong's Chinese heritage, such as the Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple, where worshippers gather to practice Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism - a reflection of this truly multi-cultural nation. In the evenings, observe the shimmer of the Hong Kong skyline bathed in dazzling neon as you dine aboard the famous floating Chinese restaurant complex, Jumbo Kingdom.
Then, travel to the Japanese capital, Tokyo. In the daytime, search out the traditional and side of the city in the Asakusa and Sedagaya districts. Each district within Tokyo has a distinct appeal, be it the grandeur of Ginza or the trendy and buzzing vibe of Shinjuku. Wherever you visit, the shops, restaurants and people are full of a character and identity particular to that area - an unusual and compelling sight. Japan's enduring appeal may lie in the cultural emphasis placed on politeness and hospitality, and you will find yourself welcomed with a warmth that will make your stay there a true pleasure.
Included in this tour price
- Premium Economy Class flights on Virgin Atlantic Airways (London - Hong Kong & Tokyo - London)
- Economy Class flight on All Nippon Airways (Hong Kong - Tokyo)
- Accommodation based on 2 people sharing twin rooms at -
The Kowloon Hotel in Hong Kong (3 nights)
Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa in Tokyo (4 nights)
- Guided morning sightseeing tour of Hong Kong
- Guided morning sightseeing tour of Tokyo
- Return airport - hotel transfers by coach in Hong Kong
- Return airport - hotel transfers by public Airport Limousine Bus in Tokyo
- All airport taxes and charges
- Please click here for a day by day guide to your tour:
- As with all our packages we can add, subtract or modify this package to suit your individual needs and make your perfect holiday
from £2,472 per person
For more information about this or any other tour please contact us